Grace came to visit me last weekend. I was introduced to her by Catherine–a very good friend of mine. They went to school together. We’d met a few times with Catherine, and we tried to meet on our own when she moved into New York last year, but we never made it happen. That is, until we started reading one another’s blogs.
Grace’s tumblr is a collection of beautiful things (and a superb playlist). Her taste is impeccable. She left me in Connecticut with a mixtape, a list of blogs I should read, and a whole lot of inspiration. With a solid push to do some more research into which blogs I like and what I want the GTG to do, I am breathing new life into the Good Taste Guide.
This playlist includes songs I’ve always loved, like Mary Chapin Carpenter’s I Am a Town and songs I am crushing on now, like Pa Pa Power by Dead Man’s Bones. It also includes quite a few songs that Grace has introduced me to, and therefore has introduced you to too! Enjoy!
1. The Obvious Child – Paul Simon
2. Rill Rill – Sleigh Bells
3. Generator First Floor – Freelance Whales
4. I Am a Town – Mary Chapin Carpenter
5. Heart of Gold – Neil Young
6. Down in Mississippi – Mavis Staples
7. Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key – Billy Bragg & Wilco
8. Pa Pa Power – Dead Man’s Bones
9. Afternoon – Youth Lagoon
10. Real Love – Beach House
11. I Can See Your Tracks – Laura Veirs
12. All My Rage – Laura Marling
13. Ain’t Got No, I Got Life – Nina Simone
14. One Fine Morning – Bill Callahan
15. Attaboy – Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, Chris Thile